WHY TAKE A WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN?
Nutritional elements like Vitamins are not individual molecular compounds, the way they are mostly presented in supplements. Rather, they are biological complexes and multi-step biochemical interactions. Their activity is dependent on a number of variables within the biological terrain and only takes place when all cofactors and components of the entire vitamin complex are present and working together. Vitamins cannot be isolated from their complexes and still perform their specific life functions within the cell. Therefore, it makes sense to take them, as they occurs in nature - with their nutritional cofactors.
WHAT CAN THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN PHYTO FUEL DO FOR YOU
Beetroot is a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals like folate (vitamin B9), Manganese, Potassium, Iron, and Vitamin C. It can do the following for you:
- Lowers blood pressure: Studies show that beetroot and its juice can reduce blood pressure up to 3 - 10mm Hg over a period of a few hours. This is likely due to the increased levels of nitric oxide which sends signals to the tiny muscle cells around the arteries and tells them to relax. When these muscle cells relax, the blood vessels dilate and blood pressure goes down. The following studies show how the dietary nitrates in beetroot lowers blood pressure:
- Dietary nitrates in beetroot increases exercise capacity: Numerous studies show that the nitrates found in beetroot can enhance physical performance, particularly during high-intensity endurance exercise. They improve the efficiency of the mitochondria, the cell organs responsible for producing energy. Consumption of beetroot may improve running and cycling performance, increase stamina, boost oxygen use, and lead to better exercise performance overall.
- Beetroot contains Betalains, the water-soluble pigments that give beets their vivid red color. Betalains have a wide range of potential health benefits: they counter inflammation, protect the liver, and have anticancer and antioxidant properties https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20195764/. Studies show that pigments in betalains inhibit the growth of several different types of malignant tumors, including breast, liver, colon, and bladder cancers.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28464411/
- Beetroot Contains Betaine. Betaine is best known for helping to reduce homocysteine levels in the blood, which is directly related to lowering risk for heart disease. By helping to fight the hardening and blocking of arteries due to elevated homocysteine, betaine is beneficial in reducing the risk for heart attacks, stroke, and other forms of cardiac arrest and heart disease.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16002808/?dopt=Citation
Bertaine may also help to improve muscle mass. The results of a study done by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition showed that after six weeks of betaine supplementation, participants showed improved body composition, gains in the size of arm muscles, higher capacity to do bench press weightlifting and squat exercises .https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-39
Furthermore, Betaine benefits liver health by assisting in detoxification and the process of the liver digesting fats (lipids). Betaine also helps the liver to dispose of toxins and chemicals, preventing against damage to the digestive tract and other bodily damage that can result from toxin exposure.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- Is effective against oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. Scientists now believe that oxidative stress and chronic, low-level inflammation play major roles in almost every chronic, Western disease. This includes heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer's and various degenerative conditions (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12490960/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12490959/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21633179/
Curcumin is strongly anti-inflammatory. In fact, it’s so powerful that it matches the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19594223/.
Curcumin also boosts the activity of the body's own antioxidant enzymes https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jat.1517 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02772248.2013.829061#.UyAZAfl_t8E
- plays a role in protecting against heart disease. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19233493/
- is a beneficial herb in cancer treatment and has been found to affect cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18462866/
- may be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer's Disease. It’s known that inflammation and oxidative damage play a role in Alzheimer's disease. Curcumin can cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Is effective as a treatment for arthritis.In a study in people with rheumatoid arthritis, curcumin was even more effective than an anti-inflammatory drug https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22407780/. Many other studies have looked at the effects of curcumin on arthritis and noted improvements in various symptoms https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20657536/
- has shown some promise in treating depression. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23832433/ https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2009/624894/. There is also some evidence that curcumin can boost the brain neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-008-1300-y
- May help delay ageing and fight age-related chronic diseases https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20205886/
- May lower blood sugar levels: Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. In a small, though very impressive, study in 2015 ginger lowered fasting blood sugar levels by 12%. It also dramatically improved HbA1c (a marker for long-term blood sugar levels), leading to a 10% reduction over a period of 12 weeks. There was also a 28% reduction in the ApoB/ApoA-I ratio, and a 23% reduction in markers for oxidized lipoproteins. These are both major risk factors for heart disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4277626/
- Can help treat chronic indigestion: In a study of 24 healthy individuals, 1,2g of ginger before a meal accelerated emptying of the stomach by 50%.
- May lower cholesterol levels: There is evidence in both humans and animals that ginger can lead to significant reductions in LDL and blood triglyceride levels. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18813412/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23901210/
- Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer”s Disease. Some studies on animals suggest that the antioxidants and bioactive compounds in ginger can inhibit inflammatory responses that occur in the brain. There is also some evidence that ginger can enhance brain function directly. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4211852/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253463/
- The active ingredients in ginger can help fight infections: Gingerol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger, can help lower the risk of infections. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609356/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3418209/ In fact, ginger extract can inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria. It is very effective against the oral bacteria linked to inflammatory diseases in the gums, such as gingivitis and periodontitis https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18814211/
Fresh ginger may also be effective against the RSV virus, a common cause of respiratory infections. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23123794/
Aloe vera can lower blood sugar levels as shown in a study that was published in theInternational Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacy.
Vitamin C supports the function of various immune cells and enhances their ability to protect against infection. It’s also necessary for cellular death, which helps keeps your immune system healthy by clearing out old cells and replacing them with new ones https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/
Furthermore, Vitamin C functions as a powerful antioxidant, protecting against damage by free radicals. Oxidative stress can negatively affect immune health and is linked to numerous diseases https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5927356/
Supplementing with vitamin C has been shown to reduce the duration and severity of upper respiratory tract infections, including the common cold https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23440782/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/(19
Interestingly, the review also demonstrated that regularly taking vitamin C supplements reduced common cold occurrence in individuals under high physical stress, including marathon runners and soldiers, by up to 50% https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6124957/
Fulvic acid is the transport system used by all living organisms to facilitate the absorption of nutrients. By adding it to the Phyto Fuel mix, all the ingredients become 4 to 6 times more absorbable.. Fulvic acid also helps with detoxification, naturally contains more than 75 minerals and trace elements, is a potent antioxidant, and has very strong antiviral properties.
Piperine makes curucmin which is generally very difficult for the body to absorb, 2000 times more bioavailable.
Himalayan salt contains minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, and Sodium
COMPOSITION OF PHYTOFUEL
EACH SERVING CONTAINS:
Aloe Vera: 10%
Beetroot Extract: 40%
Ginger Extract: 20%
Lemon extract: 20%
ACTIVES PER 25ml SERVING
Turmeric Extract: 500mg
Fulvic Acid: 400mg
Vitamin C: 80mg
Dietary Nitrate: 8mg
Minerals (Himalayan): 100mg
Contains all the phytochemicals and nutritional cofactors of whole food..
Average serving size: 20ml
Servings per bottle: 25
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Diabetics
Contains no: fillers, additives, binders, GMO’s, Dairy
All ingredients (except the fulvic acid which is sourced in Canada) sourced in South Africa.
Preservative: Thyme (0,01%)
DIRECTION FOR USE
Weight Daily Dose
10 - 15kg 10ml (5 days on 2 days off)
16 - 45kg 15ml (5 days on 2 days off)
45 - 60kg 20ml (5 days on 2 days off)
61kg and up 25ml (5 days on 2 days off)
Children under the age of 12, consult a health care practitioner
Store below 25˚C preferably in a fridge. Do not freeze.
Keep away from children. Diabetics use under doctor’s supervision only as a number of ingredients in the product will lower blood sugar levels.. Do not use with anti-coagulants. Not suitable for haemophilia sufferers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Why does Phyto Fuel not come in a tablet?
As Pharmaceutical Sciences professors Vladimir P. Torchillin, Ph.D., and Volkmar Weissig, Ph.D., write in their definitive text: Liposomes: A Practical Approach: “In order to produce liposomes (of whatever kind), lipid molecules must be introduced into an aqueous environment. “Water is the most common aqueous material in liposomal supplements.” Therefore, a liposomal product will always be in a liquid.
Can I blend my Phyto Fuel into a smoothie? You can add Phyto Fuel to juice or a smoothie but we do not recommend blending it. Liposomes are quite delicate and blending (or vigorous shaking) or adding it to hot drinks can damage the liposomes. Rather stir it into the smoothie.
Why should I take a whole fruit Vitamin C containing 75mg of Vitamin C per dose if I can take an ascorbic acid which contains a 1000mg per dose?
Citrus C cannot be compared to ascorbic acid at all. Except for the fact that Citrus C contains the whole Vitamin C molecule which ascorbic doesn’t (see explanation above) whole food vitamins also, due to the phytochemicals and other nutritional cofactors in the product, functions in a completely different way as far as dosage is concerned. Studies on apples show, for instance, that although an apple contains only about 5mg of Vitamin C the phytochemicals in the apple work synergistically to provide the equivalent of 1500mg of Vitamin C! (reference: Apple phytochemicals and their health benefits). It follows, therefore, that natural Vitamin C does not have to be taken in high doses to be potent .
What about the use of high dose ascorbic acid’s success in the treatment of cancer and sepsis?
There is research to show that extreme doses of ascorbic acid can be helpful in the treatment of cancer, sepsis and infectious diseases. Oshun Health’s view is that high dose ascorbic acid is beneficial under special circumstances such as the ones mentioned above. There is, however, also research that shows that high doses of ascorbic acid can cause damage to DNA. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Vol. 87, No. 1, 142-149, January 2008) reveals, that supplementation with ascorbic acid devastates the muscle, causing impairment in mitochondrial function, loss of endurance, and inhibition of the body’s own antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase. In this case, rather than being a beneficial antioxidant, ascorbic acid has been shown to work as an adverse pro-oxidant.
Therefore, high dose ascorbic acid can be beneficial but, depending on how high the dose of ascorbic acid, it can be an extreme intervention and should not be undertaken lightly or on the long term. For daily use and under normal circumstances a natural Vitamin C is preferable.
This product is not intended to treat disease or serve as a replacement for professional medical advice. Rather, Oshun Health’s Citrus C provides elements that are essential to individual wellbeing which, in turn, helps the body to heal itself.